Problems with PTO on Yamaha YT 3600

Yamaha YT 3600
Hello, I have problems with my PTO in the Yamaha YT 3600. If he is warm, it does not work after switching off and on. Has already read that I must tight three nuts in the clutch. Wanted to ask sometimes as firmly these must be drawn. If one can watch somebody with himself how many rotations they still have, until they are really steady. Or must I draw them really firmly?

Sorry for bad English...i`m from Germany and 16 years old.

Are there some people from Germany in this forum ?

By the way...

Does someone have some manuals or something like this for this tractor ?

Re: Problems with PTO on Yamaha YT 3600

rattosh51
You may be the longest distance member of this forum.
The PTO screws must be adjusted so that they all have the same gap.
You must adjust one, then the other, then the other, etc, until they are all
approx the same. Adjusting one throws off the others, so you may have to do this
several times. You'll need a feeler gauge to measure it.The air gap should be around .018
or so. The most important thing is to make sure they are all the same. Other things to
check are to make sure the voltage is around 14v when runnning at wdie-open-throttle
Too low a voltage can make the PTO not engage. Also make sure switch is ok.
Manuals are still avaiable through this site & others.
Let's see some pics of it!!!

Re: Problems with PTO on Yamaha YT 3600

Yamaha YT 3600

this is the first original color at the time i buyed this lawn tractor.

in december 2007 he got new coloured in red "RAL 3020".

the tractor is in a great condition, i only have to adjust the clutch from the PTO.

Today i measure the voltage of the battery while running with full throttle. the engine wasn`t warmed up and the battery has "only" 12.5 voltage. Is this a failure? Where is the failure, if it is a failure?

I tried to load up new pics but before i can load them up i have to make them smaller.

This forum is very nice and the people here are very polite.

If i`m older (now 16) i dream of a YT 6800 and i will make it come true.
Patrick

Re: Problems with PTO on Yamaha YT 3600

rattosh51
Patrick,
 Nice to see a German Yamaha!!
Here in the States, the Yamaha's are getting pretty rare.
The 12.5 volts looks to be the problem with your clutch. I would suspect the rectifier/regulator
assembly, which is a pretty expensive part. First I would make sure your battery is in good shape.
Take it out of the mower, clean all connections, and load-test it to make sure it's ok, or just get
a new one. Make sure the ground wire is making good contact with the chassis. The battery when
tractor not running should be ~12v, but once you start it, voltage should go to ~14v indicating proper
charging. Dirty connections can cause this too, so just make sure all battery connections are good.
Be interesting to see the new color, as you don't see any with a different color scheme.

Re: Problems with PTO on Yamaha YT 3600

Yamaha YT 3600
Hi,

i can`t find the manuals etc.... about the Yamaha in this forum....Can you show me the link ? Where can I find the Generator which could be defect?

Re: Problems with PTO on Yamaha YT 3600

rattosh51
From a previous post--

You might want to consider a Yamaha  service manual for your machine $102.95 Canadian dollars.
email us if you would like to order one.
email  info@yamahagenuineparts.com

For parts diagrams, go to my posting called "Parts Drawings" and click on one of the links to view.
You will have to enter information about the model you want to view.

Re: Problems with PTO on Yamaha YT 3600

prolfe
I also have a problem with my YT 3600 PTO not starting. How do I find the PTO screws to adjust them? Also, does anyone know if there is an easy way to remove the mower blades for shrpening with removing the mower deck?

Thanks,
prolfe
Anoka, MN

Re: Problems with PTO on Yamaha YT 3600

Yamaha YT 3600
Hello,

you can find the PTO screw in front of your motor, where the shaft and the V-belt is. There are three oder four screws. They are on the plate with the V-belt. I hope i could help you.

Patrick

Re: Problems with PTO on Yamaha YT 3600

rattosh51
Patrick--nice job on the new color-it looks like a new one now. Not exactly sure where the charging circuit and part is, you'll have to do some digging through the parts drawings.

prolfe--you can jack up the side of the mower with a floor jack to reach the blades easier. Just make sure you're on the frame when you jack it up.

Re: Problems with PTO on Yamaha YT 3600

Yamaha YT 3600
Thanks for your nice comment in it. If i repair the charging parts, the mower is a perfect one.