YT6700 - engine coil

moto-x-call
I am looking to purchase (2) coils Part# JE8856300000 any help would be great - Stephen Cell 708-243-5708

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

moto-x-call
I have found that all you need in the Ohm reading from a good one to match new coil and you can purchase a replacement coil from Dynatek - the mounting will have to be worked out - I shall keep all posted - Stephen

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

moto-x-call
Hey - thanks for the help but everybody is out of the part (part is no longer avaible) and my idea with the coil was short lived cause i'm stupid>>>>engine is not like a car because of generator duh... - I hate to trash the whole tractor for a $100.00 part - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

moto-x-call
Hey - thanks for the help but everybody is out of the part (part is no longer avaible) and my idea with the coil was short lived cause i'm stupid>>>>engine is not like a car because of generator duh... - I hate to trash the whole tractor for a $100.00 part - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

rattosh51
Wow, this is new, usually everyone had these last year.
Here's one last shot, you have to send them an email through this link.
Let us know if they have any, otherwise we're all screwed.

http://www.canns-bilco.com/custompage.asp?pg=yamaha

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

moto-x-call
Funny I sent an email already to them - no repsonse yet - also I have a another coil company looking into a match - also a race car mechanic stated worst case he could figure something out but would cost about 3 to 4 hundred dollars

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

rattosh51
Yeah, you might want to call them directly and speak to someone. Maybe they can find out why there isn't any out there all of a sudden, and provide a cross match.

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

moto-x-call
OK boys and girls I hope good news is on the way as i was given an alternate part number and part is on the way - i will keep you all posted with results and part numbers - Thanks Stephen

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

moto-x-call
Good news.......the new coil is on the tractor and working!!!! The replacement coil is yamaha part# 7LY-856040-01 which the only difference is the length of the spark plug wire - short but works!

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

rattosh51
That is excellent news, glad you found an alternate, and thanks for the info!!!

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

sc6800
Do you know if this will work on a 6800? And could you check your part#, I called my Yamaha parts guy and he couldn't find the part# you listed.

Thanks

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

rattosh51
The 6700 & 6800 used the same engines, just different deck sizes, so, yes it will work.
Moto-x...who did you get it through?
thanks

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

sc6800
Thanks Rattosh51. Just trying to learn about the mower. It's been a great mower and want to keep it going.

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

moto-x-call
The Yamaha part # 7LY-856040-01 as I stated before and it's a good part number - I have both new ones on the tractor and they are working great - Bilco Carns? Is where I purchased.

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

moto-x-call

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

sc6800
 Thanks moto-x-call, I called Canns-Bilco and got one on order.

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

moto-x-call
Note the plug wire is much shorter and I had to cut the plastic fan cover brace a little for one of the wires but hey the tractor is running so I'm happy

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

Vectortech
I think the actual part# might be 7LY-85640-01-00

I hope so because I need to replace a TCI unit also.  I'm taking a chance and ordering one and will keep you updated.

Re: YT6700 - engine coil

Vectortech
I can now confirm that 7LY-85640-01-00 will work on a YT5700. The only difference as Moto mentioned farther down in this thread, is the spark plug wire is just a bit shorter, but it does reach the plug with no problem.  Hope this helps with anyone looking to replace the TCI unit that is no longer available.