YT6800 BLADES WONT ENGAGE

barb1220
I have just purchased a yt6800 riding mower, battery is good, starts right up, purchased for $50, and the only problem is the blades will not engage.  I know nothing about these mowers, any help would be greatly appreciated !  Thank you.

Re: YT6800 BLADES WONT ENGAGE

bilgrotie
Hello, there is an electric clutch(Power take off) on the bottom of the engine. The clutch sometimes burns out, check to make sure the 12 volt power is reaching the clutch before replacing it. The clutch is very expensive. + $100.00. Some Yamaha dealers can supply parts but they are expensive, example the air filter is $40 +.

Re: YT6800 BLADES WONT ENGAGE

RAB5050
barb welcome to this forum, you definable found the right place for helpful information. Just know that you now own a machine that frankly a lot of people would love to get there hands on. So do keep a very close eye on your gem and don't let any one talk you out of it. As you know I am sure, they don't make these machines any more,not because of poor quality but more likely because they were to well built and last almost forever. Anything can be fixed and once you have it running properly you will never regret your investment. Don't hesitate to ask cause we love to help out, and its always fun and interesting as well.
RAB