Yamaha YT3600 starting up after several years of sleep

Yamaha YT3600 starting up after several years of sleep

Matt888
Hello fellow YT owners,
I've just inherited a YT3600 lawn mower.
You'll find a picture below.
Hasn't started in years...
The battery is dead, so I plan to change it before starting up.
Any other tips or do's/dont's before turning over the key?
Since there's no manual i don't know in which position the handles should be before starting...
Does anyone has a manual in PDF format to be sent by email?
Any European owners on this forum?
Looking forward to your reply's.
Thanks a lot for your help!;-)
Matt
Matt

Re: Yamaha YT3600 starting up after several years of sleep

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Administrator
Hello and welcome aboard !
I have to say that is the very first Yamaha tractor I have seen with the real Yamaha accessory grass catcher on it very nice.
Good strong battery, clean carb,fresh fuel,new engine oil and light it up...keep us posted.
Speedy
www.YamahaGenuineParts.com

Re: Yamaha YT3600 starting up after several years of sleep

Clean, check and grease.....since it was sitting you may want to add a tablespoon of oil to the spark plug hole, just to make sure everything is lubed up on the inside. Turn over the engine with the spark plug disconnected to coat the cylinder walls with oil. Nice shot of the bagger.
Good luck with it