how do I change the oil in a yamaha 3600?

how do I change the oil in a yamaha 3600?

ricky.jimenez
I recently just purchased a yamaha 3600 lawn tractor and wanted to change the oil in it but had some trouble trying to figure out how to do it because I am unfamiliar with these machines. any help would be much appreciated. also is straight 30 weight ok to run in these motors?

Re: how do I change the oil in a yamaha 3600?

rattosh51
10W30 is the recommended oil weight on these engines, and also for the hydro transmission.
I don't have a 3600, but there should be a drainplug for the engine underneath the oil filter/dipstick
area...any help from you 3600 owners?

Re: how do I change the oil in a yamaha 3600?

RAB5050
 The engine drain is right near the front not too hard to find.The drain plug for the hydro is at the rear lower left hand side. Its a bit harder to find,its a plug that is set flush to the casing that has an Allen key set. Also just as important is to change the differential oil. When I was given my 3600 from a friend he had never in 16 years changed anything but the engine oil. When i drained the differential oil it came out more like a jelly than a lube. I did post pictures that are likely still in here somewhere.