tell us about this years mowing with the yamaha mowers.

Re: tell us about this years mowing with the yamaha mowers.

YamaWidow
2021 UPDATE! We have 3 6800's now! 2 running and the donor mower in the back of the barn... made a friend as he bought a new mower and has called to see if his has died yet - it has not, he said he misses it!! That one is Hubby's if he helps, I am still using our original one, think she is 30 or 31 years old now!

Re: tell us about this years mowing with the yamaha mowers.

gilly
I HAVE A 6800 THAT i BOUGHT BRAND NEW IN 1987 STILL RUNS ABSOLUTELY GREAT, HAS ALWAYS BEEN SERVICE AS NEEDED BY ME ONLY...HAS NEVER NEEDED ANY MAJOR REPAIRS, MOSTLY JUST A BOLT OR NUT MISSING  SOMEWHERE....LOVE IT WILL PROBABLY KEEP IT AT LEAST ANOTHER 10 YEARS....
gilly

Re: tell us about this years mowing with the yamaha mowers.

supercub
This is the way we feel about our yamaha mowers, we own and use seven of them and have not even changed one quill bearing on their decks yet. we did have one backfire this fall and caught the air box afire and if we can find an air box and cooling fan shroud, she will be mowing again next season, this one is special as we purchased this one for personal use at our home from our dealership in Maine. if any one knows who may have parts for the 5700, 6700 or 6800 machines please get in touch with me .. supercub richspsh@midmaine.com

Re: tell us about this years mowing with the yamaha mowers.

gilly
Well my 6800 is in Florida now so mows all year, still at it since 1987, I change the oil every year whether it needs it or not, still looking for the grass catcher attachment to the deck piece, made one out of aluminum but would like to get and original and maybe the tube also. I don't think I will ever part with it, if the engine goes bad I would just rebuild it, but not even any vibration yet, and the deck bearings are still original also. actually only thing I have ever replace since new is the oil filter a bunch of times and the big belt twice...not bad for over 35 years....
gilly
12