yahama yt 6800

jimdo
every time i turn the pto on the engine dies. Any help?

Re: yahama yt 6800

Sounds like the engine can't handle the load of the PTO, which can be a fuel/carb problem.
I would first check the voltage at the battery when running to make sure it is above 13.3v, as a low voltage, or a battery that isn't charging, may cause it to die. Otherwise, you may have some debris in your carb that is restricting gas flow when more is needed. A kinked gas line, or gas filter could be suspect too. Also, make sure the vent in the gas cap is clear. Many of the Yamaha tractors still have the original fuel lines, which may be deteriorating, sending junk into the carb. If you've never replaced these, now would be a good time.

Re: yahama yt 6800

YamaDog
You may have a bad seat switch.  If you get up from the seat when the blades are engaged it will shut off.
Use an ohm meter to check the plug on the wires coming out of the seat.

Good luck

Re: yahama yt 6800

law4freedom
I had the same issue and it was a bad seat switch.  Easiest thing to check and bypass if need be.