Snow Blower Question

MNTodd
I've lurked here, but just signed up.  Sure nice to have this group.  Thanks to whomever set it up.

I've got 3 YT-3600's with mowers, 2 snowblowers & a blade.  2 of them work but need some attention.  One could be revived but have been using mostly as a parts tractor.

Anyway, my first question...

Does anyone know if any issues fitting a snowblower from a yt-3600 on a yt-6700.  Same?

Thanks,
Todd

Re: Snow Blower Question

cr250
Check the part # between the two. I have a YT 6800, same thing as a 6700, with a blower on it, obviously the PTO pick off is different, so the belt/ pulley set up will be different.
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: Snow Blower Question

Welcome MNTodd, glad you joined up!

The connections on the 3600 and 6700/6800 are completely different, so the blowers are not interchangeable.

cr250--could you post some pics of your blower setup? I've only seen one once before.

Re: Snow Blower Question

MNTodd
Hey thanks guys! I was hoping to buy a 6700 but missed it anyway. But I went through the hydrostatic (wouldn't move at all...) on one of my 3600s and now life is good.  Plowing this snow with ease.  Now I need to figure out why I lost the spring for the belt tensioner & repair it so that I can use the blower.

Todd

Re: Snow Blower Question

rattosh51
Todd,
 Lets see some pics of that blade setup too, haven't seen one of those either...

Re: Snow Blower Question

MNTodd
I'll try to get some photos up here tonight.

Re: Snow Blower Question

MNTodd
Here's a photo of the blade on my YT3600. As you can see, it's easy to switch between blower & blade.

Re: Snow Blower Question

cr250

Here are a few pics, MNTODD I see your looking for a deck for a 3600? I have one in Forest Lake MN, I'll let you have for the same offer price you have on another. $150,
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: Snow Blower Question

rattosh51
Great pics guys, thanks.
Now I know what my 6800 should look like in winter time, instead of sittin' in the garage doing nothing.
I'm in St. Paul, cr250, so been having fun with the snow/ice/cold too...

Re: Snow Blower Question

MNTodd
CR250 - thanks but I'm not looking for a deck. I've got 3 of them so I was offering one of mine up.  Thanks for the pics of your snowblower setup. Looks similar to mine for the 3600 from the front, but no belt running up to mine so that is quite different. Cab looks like it is probably the same as mine. They sure work nice for clearing snow!

Re: Snow Blower Question

beulahcutter
This is a great thread...thanks for sharing that...
Oh how I could have used this attachment on my 3600 at Christmas whilst skiing in the French alps we had 30 inch of snow in 36 hrs....are the chains effective?
Do you have any video of it working?
Stuart....AKA
Beulahcutter
Norfolk
Uk

Re: Snow Blower Question

cr250
These would not work without having chains! Here the kid is clearing the driveway.
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: Snow Blower Question

rattosh51
Nice, that is a great shot!! Really throws the snow....

Re: Snow Blower Question

Paul
   I would love to find a blower for my 6800. Anybody know of any available?

Re: Snow Blower Question

beulahcutter
wow that is awesome...thanks for sharing that with us.
Stuart....AKA
Beulahcutter
Norfolk
Uk

Re: Snow Blower Question

mdkopinski
Hello, I'm from Minnesota and I have a yt-3600 with snow blower attachment chains and cab. I got the snow blower hooked up without any issues but cant figure out how to attach the cab to it. Can anyone please help me with this? The cab looks exactly like the one pictured in the thread by ToddMN

Re: Snow Blower Question

mdkopinski
Sorry I mean it was posted by CR250

Re: Snow Blower Question

cr250
The 2 back poles clamp onto the lower fenders, 2 bolts in each foot rest, and 1 screw in the center counsel
3-YT3600's, 2-YT 6800's, 1-YT6700 for parts.

Re: Snow Blower Question

mdkopinski
Is there any way you can attach a picture of how the back attaches to the tractor? Or do you know how I could get the original instructions for the cab?

Re: Snow Blower Question

stainlesscycle
has anyone fabbed up something to fit the blower from yt3600 to a yt6800?  i know what the yt3600 frame and pulley setup looks like, have never seen the yt6800 blower frame/pulley/reduction setup.    is it just some simple fab or????

12